NYC here we come!

Hello people!!!!
Welcome back on track!
Let's start another part of the blog - this time some update from Americas.
Right now - particularly from New York.

The trip started quite ridiculously, from loosing the boarding cards right after passing security in Dublin. Well... who's done so - yes yes yes! Me! :D quite proud of myself. But we were totally chilled about it, no stress - just walked around and finally found them without any problems. Later on I found my Mother Mary necklace in hiking shoe. The point is I wanted to have it with me for the trip but the day before we left - I lost it in a packing up mess and couldn't find. So you can imagine how happy I was when  I found it at the Dublin Airport. What happened at that airport as well is - I started getting hungry and it doesn't stop any more until I'm writing this note. I'm eating waaaaay more than Zosia and feel very very bad about it. Same problem as in India ;) I'm starving while Zosia is fine and not even thinking about food. But on the other hand when it comes to eating she is doing even better than I do, particularly if it comes to meat.

Ok, but let's move to NYC topic. I must admit we're not that amazed by the city. It's really nice to walk around. At the beginning I found all those neighborhoods not that different from each other. Now I changed my mind and I definitely see the difference. China Town, Little Italy, Soho, Downtown, Manhattan, downtown of Brooklyn, Russian part of Brooklyn - the architecture varies a bit, atmosphere and people around - varies a lot. Yes - I must admit :)

I guess as we're poor students (well, me not a student any more but let's pretend so ;) on a budget, we don't experience really cool stuff of NY. Thus I strongly recommend, if you're gonna go to NY devote some money to going out and hanging in those nice but pricey places.
But at least we managed to get to MoMA for free, sweet! :)

Today we moved to another part of Brooklyn, which is inhabited mostly by black people and it's such a cool area. We love it! The architecture is like I pictured New York (except downtown of Manhattan of course) - small streets, 3 floor houses with stoops in front. The one where we're staying is 150 years old and it's all in wood inside!!!!We just loooove this place! And our host are very very nice, all very easy going, friendly, keen on new people and just simply - very nice. Thus we chilled at their place, then we had to upload whole bunch of data for Arthur[her boyfriend]. Well, yeah - while leaving Zosia grabbed Arthur's pen-drive with ALL HIS IMPORTANT data b/c she thought it's her one. What can I say - apparently we're worth each other - me loosing boarding cards, her stealing people's stuff ;) = > This trip is gonna be a lot of fun and full of surprises, don't you think so?

For now it's enough since some people complained my blog is too long. Pictures available in Picture section on the right side.
Ttyl!

Komentarze