Chang Mai and around

Chang Mai is a nice city, 45 times smaller than Bangkok so right after arrival to CM I could feel the difference and felt better.
Sunday night market was nice and this time I didn't resist and spent some money, crazy 10-15 euro ;)
Next day I just chilled in the hostel, talked to other lazy bums over here, walked around the city, visite some temples. Although in BKK you get to see amazing temples and very impressive one, those over here are still nice to see as Burmese influence can be noticed.
Another day I went for day kayaking trip on a flat water though in a jungle scenery so it was great to be there, see all the nature around, pass over or under some bamboo, wild mango or fig trees in the water. There few tiny little rapids where I played getting in and out of eddies. I really like this sport. I'm a bit "dissapointed" couldn't do some white water river but I've been told there is not enough water as it's dry sezon and going to those grade 3-3+ is not a good idea for me. I don't feel comfortable with my skills enough yet to go on unknown river with unknown people.
But this 5h of paddling was still a lot of fun :) Endorphines were there definitely :)
Anoher day I took a cooking class and it was great fun. We've got along with 3 Irish and 1 American and had a very happy and silly group over there. After picking favourite dishes from the list you cook 5 different from the gery scratch: appetizer, soup, curry (including curry paste), main course and dessert. And of course you eat it all.
I must admit we all did really well and all was really yummy.
It's great to have an idea how Thai cooking should look like, I do realize I do not know well how to do so though. Now what I should do is to get new seperate backpack to buy all needed spices and ingreediences which is hard or even impossible to get back home. We'll see.
By night we ended up hanging out in a place called Ba Ba Bo Bo Bar! Seriously, I loooove this name :) But apparently if you say in thai that someone is 'bababobo' means he's grose :)
But the place was nice :) and I've got randomly this rose from Italian friend. I must admit that I actually love Italians with their laziness, easy-going style, gestures and talking to everyone :) Funny dudes :)

Komentarze